Handball Level 2
Target Group and Prerequisites
Interested individuals with little playing and training experience, who already know the basic techniques and movements of handball and are familiar with the fundamental handball rules.
Content and Objectives
- Improvement of the basic techniques passing, catching, throwing, and dribbling
- Participants learn various ways to pass and shoot such as shooting while running, hip shots, and dive shots
- Advancement of offensive techniques such as body swerves, the three-step rule, and direct counterstrokes
- Advancement of defensive techniques, primarily basic defensive positioning, blocking, offensive behavior, and compressing
- Participants learn tactical basics for small groups for offensive play, substitution, running in, and further counterstrokes
- Fundamental principles of collaboration on defense such as passing and taking over, moving towards the ball side, "tactical triangle"
- Improvement of overall and handball-specific fitness: strength, endurance, mobility, and coordination with the ball
A one-time registration for the entire course duration is required.
We recommend regularly participating as content is taught successively.
Information About Absences
If you cannot make it to a class, please let the course instructor know.
Dates can be booked either all at once or individually. The booking option “All Dates” is available from the start of online booking for the course period and the booking option “Individual Date” is unlocked 24 hours before the start of the individual date.
Goal keepers should please sign up seperately with single date booking to the course for keepers.