Target Groups and Requirements
This course is aimed at advanced swimmers, who are already proficient in crawl, breaststroke, and backstroke at a level comparable to Level 4.
In accordance with our conditions of participation, persons in groups 1 and 2, i.e. students and employees, are eligible to participate.
For the Lifesaving Badge in Silver, the completion of a first-aid course with 9 lessons, that is no older than 2 years, must be proven at the exam. The course can be easily visited parallelly to this lifesaving course. The Lifesaving Badge in Bronze is not a requirement for Silver.
Contents and Goals
The course teaches in theory and practice the dangers at waters and techniques to perform a rescue.
With the exam, the German Lifeguard Badge Bronze or Silver can be obtained.
- The course is offered in cooperation with the German Red Cross.
- Practical training will be held on Thursdays 8:30pm to 10:30pm at the Ulla-Klinger-Schimmhalle. A one-time absence from the practical sessions is possible.
- The theory lessons must be completed on a Sunday from 9:30am to 4:30pm in person at the DRK building, Kackertstr. 4, 52072 Aachen. The possible dates can be found in the section: Dates, Prices, and Booking!
- The exam for theory and practice takes place on the last two practice dates.
- The participation fee includes entrance, course, and examination fees.
- Swimwear should fit well and not slip.
- You will need a one-euro piece for the lockers.