Table Tennis Level 1
Target Group and Prerequisites
This course is targeted towards anyone who wants to learn to play table tennis but does not yet know the basic techniques and principals. In other words, those with little to no technique or playing experience.
Content and Objectives
This course contains a comprehensive introduction to table tennis which includes paddle and ball familiarization, coordination and basic legwork, the basic position, and neutral positioning to the table and paddle grip.
Participants learn important hitting techniques such as forehand topspin and backhand top spin. They will also learn how to serve and the game system.
The course objectives include an understanding of the game, coordination, rallies, playing together, and enthusiasm for table tennis.
- Raquet and Balls are provided.
- Ten table tennis tables and surrounds are available. They must be set up and taken down by the players themselves.
- Due to corona, all surfaces and edges must be cleaned at the end of the session by the participants. Cleaning agents are provided by the HSZ.
- Setup and takedown of the tables must be completed during the session time.
- A clean and separately brought pair of indoor trainers is required for participation.